10x must-see romantic movies
There’s nothing we love more than a quiet night in. A couch, a TV, friends and a perfect movie. What to watch, though? Here are some classics that you probably have seen already, but are always a hit! Do you have any favorites for movie nights? Let us know!
1. Pride and Prejudice (1995). We’re talking about the 300-minute mini-series. A must-see!
2. The Painted Veil (2006). A British doctor tries to cure a cholera-epidemic in a small Chinese village after he left a loveless marriage to a cheating wife.
3. True Romance (1993). One of our favorite love stories, made in Tarantino’s glory years. In a nutshell: Boy meets prostitute, falls in love, steals coke from her pimp and both of them get in trouble. Aw.
4. Little Women (1994). The story of the March sisters who grow up after the Civil War in America.
5. Notting Hill (1999). Shouldn’t need an explanation, but in case you just got teleported in from before 1999: The life of a bookshop owner gets turned upside down when he falls in love with the world’s most famous actress.
6. The Notebook (2004). We can’t imagine that you haven’t seen this one, but in case you haven’t: See it. It’s brilliant. Enough said.
7. You’ve Got Mail (1998). A man and a women who hate each other in real life fall in love through anonymous e-mails.
8. Gone With the Wind (1939). Another one of our favorites, because of the clothing, make-up and Clark Gable’s romantic quotes: “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” Oh, Clark.
9. Up (2009). The story of 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen who gets transported to the place that he and his deceased wife always dreamed of. The opening sequence always makes us cry.
10. The Bodyguard (1992). When Whitney was still intouchable. The story of a former secret agent who starts working as a bodyguard for a pop singer.
Bored this weekend? Do the O.C. drinking game
One of our favorite ways to spend the weekend is just to watch full seasons of TV-shows (especially Sex and the City). The O.C. is one that we haven't seen in a long, long time, so maybe it's time to ...Entertainment
Can we be Burlesque dancers too?
Over at NSMBL we love the art of Burlesque. It's sexy and cheeky, but classy. The burlesque we see nowadays is a modernized version mostly popular with goth subcultures, but the way Burlesque was performed in the 1920's was so ...Entertainment
Watch a full version of The Hobbit here!
Like most other people on this planet, we went to see The Hobbit this Christmas. Have you seen it yet? It was awesome, right? Well, way before the Peter Jackson and his enormous team of designers and illustrators decided what ...Entertainment
A nail car commercial
Whether you like your car enough to do this or not, we have a lot of respect for these guys who did this commercial. It's just amazing to see that this is have made by hand, especially in an almost ...Art
Secretly funny: Models falling on runways
Ok, ok, we admit it. It's a bit mean, but these little blunders on the runway by top models are such a laugh. The 17-year-old supermodel Lindsey Wixson made a decent trip down in Milan during the show of Versace. ...Fashion
Watch Emma Watson raid Paris Hilton’s closet in The Bling Ring
One of our favorite film makers is Sofia Coppola. We can't wait to seeing her new film The Bling Ring in June. In the movie we see the always immaculate Emma Watson play a slighty skanky member of a teen ...Entertainment